Exalon – Live with Us
The Oaks – Malvern
The Oaks is a home in Malvern providing support for up to 8 people. This consists of a large and spacious main house for up to 6 people and an additional ground floor apartment particularly directed at those with the greatest needs. The Oaks has a proven track record and a strong community spirit. We are conveniently placed for road and rail transport.
We pride ourselves in having a long established and highly trained staff team, which enables us to provide services for those people that have more complex needs including specialist support for:
- Autism and those with complex autistic disorders
- Associated mental health disorders
- Personality disorders
- Complex behaviours that may challenge
Our service is specifically designed to cater for individuals in a highly person centred manner. We have a range of services and strategies that can help service users to manage complex behaviours including:
- Structured behavioural management strategies and reactive strategies
- Using skills from Dialectal behavioural therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy
- The use of positive and applied approaches to behaviours
- Intensive support plans that effectively manage risk without being risk adverse and supporting people to take appropriate risk
- We actively monitor, review and encourage positive behaviours by using Differential reinforcement schedules, RAG data
- Assessing and encouraging independence wherever possible
- Partnership working with other specialists.
We work in partnership with service users and their families to ensure a holistic approach to care and support.
The team in this home has developed particular skills in co-operation with commissioning authorities and the multi disciplinary teams to understand and facilitate change in the behaviour of residents who have had placement failures elsewhere.
A ground floor apartment on site provides 2 of the beds in an accessible and discrete facility, particularly designed for those with the greatest needs.