Exalon – Live with Us
The Willows – Warminster
The Willows is a home in Warminster providing support for up to 10 people. Affording a comfortable and spacious environment for the residents, the home is further enhanced by its landscaped, therapeutic garden. As an important part of the community, The Willows actively involves itself in local activities and projects, as well as inviting people into the home for specially arranged events.
Ideally situated for connections by road, rail, and public transport, the home is conveniently located in the market town between the cities of Bath and Salisbury.
Our highly trained and experienced staff team enables us to achieve a high standard of care for people who have complex needs, and provide specialist support for;
- Autistic spectrum disorders (including Aspergers Syndrome)
- Associated mental health disorders
- Complex behaviours that may challenge
As a service we adopt a person centred approach. This enables us to provide for each individual’s needs, and help them manage any complex behaviours they may display. In order to be able to provide this, we have a range of services and strategies in place ;
- Detailed Support plans that can effectively manage risk, whilst enabling people to fulfil their needs and potential
- Behavioural management strategies including ;
- Pro-active behavioural management
- Management of behaviours
- De-escalation techniques
- De-briefing and reflection
- The development of a low arousal approach within the home
- Promoting the service users voice through monthly forums
- Assessing and encouraging independence wherever possible
- Partnership working with external specialists (i.e. behavioural specialists)
- Advocacy services are now provided as standard to people who live at the Willows, by the independent Swan Advocacy Charity
In order to provide an holistic approach to our service, we work closely with the service user, their families, friends, and those closely associated with their care.
The Willows, Warminster, from the garden
Hanging out at the Willows, Warminster
To discuss how our services can help with your needs contact us by Telephone: on 01985 215757 or Email: via our Contact Page.